ALL STUDENTS CONTINUE REMOTE LEARNING ON MONDAY 9/21
|Blended Learning Students Enrolled In:||In-Person Learning Begins On:|
|Pre-K (in any school type/grade configuration)||Monday 9/21|
|Elementary Schools (K-5 and K-8) (includes students in grades 6-8 in K-8 schools)||Tuesday 9/29|
PLEASE CREATE YOUR @NYCSTUDENTS.NET EMAIL ACCOUNTS. THEN USE THIS TO LOGIN TO YOUR GOOGLE CLASSROOMS
Supply Lists will be shared by your teachers
Welcome to our School Reopening information page! Below you’ll find all the critical information about our approach to learning in the Fall and other resources to make this a success together.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
NYC DOE also has important information and resources for you.
Last updated: September 14, 2020
Students receive in-person learning on two consecutive days per week – Tuesdays and Wednesdays for one group and Thursday and Fridays for the other group – with groups alternating Mondays. This amounts to a total of five days of in-person instruction every two weeks. Students will participate in remote learning for non-in person days (Model 1B).
|Group A or B||A||A||B||B|
Every blended learning child will receive 2 schedule cards – one to wear and one to hang from their backpacks. Please use this schedule card to double check which days your child should be learning at the PS 205 building and which days they should be learning online at home.
- Arrival & Dismissal Procedures – Each class will have a designated time and exit location for dismissal. Each grade will have their own entrance and set staff for assistance.
- Meals – Breakfast and Lunch will be taken in the classrooms. While masks are off for meals, we will still be adhering to social distancing procedures.
- School Hours – 8:30am – 2:00pm
- 2:00-2:20pm is Parent Outreach time
- Bathroom – TBD
- Physical Education class – Yes there will be PE, arrangements TBD
100% Remote Learning
Our 100% remote learning students will receive an email from their teachers directly the first week of school.
- There will be specific periods throughout the year where 100% online learning students can change to hybrid learning. These periods will be announced later on.
Meeting Special Needs
- Speech, OT, PT, & other services will be arranged. Arrangements are TBD
- Arrangements for students with special needs are TBD
- Busing TBD
Remote Learning – Where & How
Remote learning will be on Google Classrooms. Please create a @NYCStudent.net email account to access your child’s classroom this year.
DOE Student Email Account
Please make a @NYCSTUDENT.NET account for remote learning this year. We are no longer using email@example.com email accounts.
Request a Device
- Request for a device
- Once we receive your request, we will email you to let you know when to pick it up
FOR STUDENTS, FAMILIES, AND STAFF
- Masks – are required for all individuals in the building
- Hand washing – will be supported by teacher in the classroom, students will wash their hands as soon as they enter the school. There will be cleaning stations set up throughout the school.
- Physical distancing – Students and staff must maintain six feet of physical distancing throughout the school day, anywhere on school grounds and to and from school.
- If student/teacher/staff or a family member has COVID or symptoms of COVID – All students and teachers in the classroom with the confirmed case are assumed close contacts and will be instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days since their last exposure to that case.
- If there’s more than one case in a school, and it’s not in the same classroom, learning will continue remotely and the school building will close for at least 24 hours while NYC Test + Trace and NYC Health investigate. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, affected classrooms or the whole building will remain closed for 14 days for quarantine.
- Directions for local COVID testing – School staff will get tested before school opens and monthly during the school year. Families can also get free testing at 34 city-run clinics.
- Visitors: No visitors in building except for parents/guardians of students who need to be picked up
TAKEN BY PS 205
- Changes in class sizes – our class sizes will reflect social distancing rules (as of now there will be about 9 students and 1 adult in each classroom).
- Improvements in ventilation – HVAC system has passed inspected.
- Increases in cleaning frequency – Schools will be cleaned throughout the day and disinfected each night, with special attention to high-touch areas.
- Face coverings, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be readily available in throughout every school.
- Every school will have a school-based team ready to respond in the event that there is a health concern in a school.
- If a child is sick: There will be a designated isolation room for use in the event that a student becomes ill during the school day.
- Changes in traffic flow – Students will be in their own classroom through the day.
- Random temperature checks – will be done according to City guidelines
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
Supporting Student Learning at Home
Please check these pages frequently for updates:
- Recent News from PS 205
- To stay up to date with any changes to procedures or scheduling, please bookmark this page on your browser.
- DOE Return to 2020 page
We will also be sending email updates. If you are not on the email list, but wish to receive our emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Principal Mrs. Mandel – email@example.com
- AP of Gr. PreK-2 Mrs. Lynch – firstname.lastname@example.org
- AP of Gr. 3-5 Mr. Silverman – email@example.com
- AP of Special Education Ms. Forde – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Coordinator Ms. Chen – email@example.com
- You can also connect with your teachers directly using the Staff Email Directory.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are masks required for students? – Yes, unless there is a health or other issue.
- How are students supposed to eat breakfast and lunch if they have to wear masks? – Mask will be taken off for meals, with social distancing still strictly enforced.
- How do they share materials in the classroom? – Each classroom will be cleaned and sanitized by our custodial staff daily. In the classroom, we will work with the teachers to ensure that all materials are safe to use. Each student should have their own materials.
- What will happen when there is group work? – Social distancing will be enforced at all times even when working in groups
- How about after school pickups? – For ex. Excel pickup would need. to send enough personnel to pickup students from every exit (each grade has a different exit)
- Will remote learning and blended learning students have the same teachers? – Most likely not, but we are still waiting for city guidance.
- How will we know who is positive for COVID? – We will be following city guidelines. Families will be notified that someone in the school has tested positive.