Below you’ll find all the critical information about our approach to learning this school year and other resources to make this a success together.
We are doing everything we can to make sure our students, staff, and families are safe.
- Masks – are required for all individuals in the building
- Hand washing – will be supported by teacher in the classroom, students will wash their hands as soon as they enter the school. There will be cleaning stations set up throughout the school.
- Physical distancing – Students and staff must maintain three feet of physical distancing throughout the school day, anywhere on school grounds and to and from school.
- Weekly School-based Testing – is mandatory for all Gr. 1-5 students and school staff.
- Directions for local COVID testing – School staff will get tested before school opens and monthly during the school year. Families can also get free testing at 34 city-run clinics.
- Visitors: No visitors in building except for parents/guardians of students who need to be picked up
Precautions Taken by PS 205
- Improvements in ventilation – HVAC system has passed inspected.
- Increase in cleaning frequency – Schools will be cleaned throughout the day and disinfected each night, with special attention to high-touch areas.
- Face coverings, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be readily available in throughout every school.
- School-based team ready to respond in the event that there is a health concern in a school.
- Changes in traffic flow – Students will be in their own classroom through the day.
STUDENT LEARNING LINKS
Here is a list of the resources that you can use at home and the log in information. You can also use your own log in information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are masks required for students? – Yes.
- How are students supposed to eat breakfast and lunch if they have to wear masks? – Mask will be taken off for meals, with social distancing still strictly enforced.
- How do they share materials in the classroom? – Each classroom will be cleaned and sanitized by our custodial staff daily. In the classroom, we will work with the teachers to ensure that all materials are safe to use. Each student should have their own materials.
- What will happen when there is group work? – Social distancing will be enforced at all times even when working in groups
- How about after school pickups? – For ex. Excel Afterschool pickup would need. to send enough personnel to pickup students from every exit (each grade has a different exit)
- How will we know who is positive for COVID? – We will be following city guidelines. Families will be notified if someone in the school has tested positive.